Why Career Consulting Has To Be Based on Analysing Our Most Valuable Asset: Our Work and Life Experience
Your experience is your Most Valuable Asset. By the time you are 35, you will have 306,600 hours of total experience (8,760 hours alive in one year X your age); when you approach 50, it will be close to ½ million hours! Is it a physical asset? Yes, as every minute of experience creates the structure of the brain: if you change your experience, you will change your brain for your entire life.
Each day you invest this asset in activities, the ideal return is as you have defined it: i.e. financial, impact, learning. We are our experience, a combination of nature and nurture, which no one else can replicate.
However, according to our research, career consulting approaches do not seem to have a methodology for analysing experience; professional or personal. It is extraordinary therefore, that most people seem to use analysis for everything except their careers and lives: typically writing a CV, taking a psychometric test, or getting advice is the closest we come to any kind of career analysis.
Therefore, we had to invent a methodology to provide a properly, analytical career consulting service. We use a combination of key disciplines which surface the data you need to make career decisions and present yourself accurately in person and on line:
1. Key Analysis Tools: interaction, writing and research used with complete confidentiality. We have found that most clients have never talked through or written about all their work or life experience, from age 0 to present. This type of analysis surfaces data in a way nothing else does.
2. Multiple Disciplines:
- A. Psychological: psychotherapy, and neuroscience to understand how your career has been or can be influenced by your mind and brain.
- Business, commercial. We often find that career content produced by clients is full of gross generalisations: we ensure it is full of facts, numbers and real impact
- Energy Engagement. The one most simple, already ‘installed’ ‘psychometric’ test to determine what should be in your career and life: engages you = do it, does not engage you = don’t do it.
- Language. Finding the right words to describe anything from a pattern to your script, story or brand is one of the most enabling disciplines in career consulting:
3. IntegralCareer Outputs:
The outputs which emerges from the analysis done, gives clients key information they need to make career decisions, design a career that fits, work through issues, and present themselves most effectively, whether its via a CV, Linked in or in an interview, among many other applications:
INTEGRALCAREER Content: Database
- Work and Life Experience Analysis (full database)
- Observation Log Data
- Values, Traits, Interests, Patterns
- Skill Sets with Evidence and Transferability
- Key Career & Life Needed Content To Thrive
INTEGRALCAREER Content: External Applications
- Future of Work and Industries Analysis
- External Applications
- Human: Pro DNA, Branding, CVS, & Bios, Politics, Interviewing, Networking, Experimenting
- Digital: On line Reputation, Linked In, Photo, Website, Blogging, Tweeting, Videos
To understand what is in, and how to invest your Most Valuable Asset, contact us.